Fast Company just ran an article about entrepreneurial business start-ups and the reasons they choose to call Portland, Oregon home. Here is a quick recap with some of my additions.
- You love rainy Sundays and beautiful summer evenings
- You easily impress west coast venture capitalists
- City government funding and tax incentives for new commerce
- Aggressively independent “DIY culture”
- Creative and energetic people who live for the moment, but also understand the importance of strategic planning.
- Smaller and more navigable than New York, California, and Washington metros
- Home to incredible restaurants, coffee houses, and bistros.
- We love technology and welcome it, even if we are not experts…we can learn.
- Green state + green trees + green business =smart energy & efficient technology
- When the sun is out, the landscape is breathtaking, and when the sun goes down, the city is still beautiful.
Check the full article here.